Wednesday, October 18, 2006
Love
I have a friend who knows how to love people. He goes far out of his way to share grace with the needy, even if they never see it. I find myself absorbed in what I'm doing, unwilling to drive forty-five minutes to help a friend, much less five hours; or to stop and walk with a friend who might need to talk. Being hospitable to Chinese exchange students. Well, I thought of him when I read this the other week: "Let love be genuine. Abhor what is evil; hold fast to what is good. Love one another with brotherly affection. Outdo one another in showing honor. . . . Do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly. . . . Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good." (Rom 12: 9-21)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
So true, Cate! I feel the same way - I'm so selfish sometimes! I always think of Don Miller when he writes, "Treat everyone as if they were famous poets or rock stars." It's good to remember.
Love you Cate. I hope you can come on Saturday with Leah and me!
Man, that guys sounds great. I'd like to meet him one day.
Justin, you should so meet this guy. I think you two would get along really well. In fact, we should all hang out together, after the wedding and all.
I understand Cate. Friends are such a dear gift from God. I love the pic of you and Rebekah from the wedding. Speaking of incredible friends- her and John are here during thier honeymoon in Colorado spending the weekend with me, just to bless me while I'm here in the city! They teach me of true love. What a way to begin a life together. I love you girl and hope your sememster is going great. It was nice talking a few weeks ago- call again soon to catch up!
Cate...you gotta stop talking about me like that...
:)
Har har.
HOW are you? I haven't seen you in forever! my email is catapedamania@gmail.com, write me sometime or something.
Post a Comment