Those are Joel and Jessica's trail names--they're officially finished hiking all 2,170 miles of the Appalachian Trail (they finished the Sunday before my exams, actually). We had a party for them tonight here at home. Yeah, they're pretty much my heroes. Next they want to bike across America. Just kidding, but Jessica's mentioned it. I think I'll tag along :).
Tomorrow morning I'm setting off for Canada with my good friend Amy. We're visiting Ian, a friend I met in South Africa, for about three days, as well as Emily from Yellowstone in Buffalo, NY! I'm pumped--especially since this is a VERY last-minute trip and it all just came together, as everything usually does (isn't it amazing how that happens?) :). Knock on wood.
I spent last night near Athens, GA with my good friend Ellen and her friend Martha partying it up at an 80s prom! Seriously--we looked amazing :). Ellen and I have glasses and wore our hair in side-ponytails so we pretty much looked like twins. She wore an authentic black 80s dress and I wore a less authentic white one. I'll post pix later. We spent today meandering about the COOL town of Athens, thrift-store and botique shopping, coffee drinking, and trying to avoid the rain with Martha's dad's huge umbrella. Athens seems like a fun college town. Everyone I saw looked like my closer friends from Clemson: artsy-ish, scarf-donning, intelligent, English or graphic design majors. Athens has its sororities and fraternities, too, I've heard. And football fans. It's funny hearing Ellen's artsy guy friends talk about the UGA football game tonight. Why shouldn't artsy people like football? It's good to be well-rounded, right?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment