I just wanted to use the word "penultimate"--but you probably already know that. I did just have my second to last exam--it was in Chemistry! And, I really hope I did ok on it. I have had the best classes this semester--my chemistry teacher is amazing. I never thought I would say this, but I truly enjoy chemistry (you can quote me--in a really nerdy voice). Not quite as much as biology, but, it's cool!
Want to know what else is cool? I'm going to CHICAGO this week, after my "ultimate" philosophy exam tomorrow. I'm actually not leaving till Thursday. You know that Greyhound ticket I bought last summer to take me to Yellowstone that Dad ended up buying me a plane ticket instead of? Well, I have to use it by June 1, and I thought next week would be the perfect time to use it. I'm visiting Jessica's friend Johnna there--just stopping and getting out in Chicago instead of going on the way to Yellowstone--then coming back home. Let me just read you the email Johnna sent me today, and you can get excited along with me! (you won't believe it!) Don't the words "Windy City" just sound magical? :) Wow! I'm in such a good mood today--and I pulled an all-nighter last night! I'm going to Chicago!
The email from Johnna:
So Friday I have the potential of going to see Benjamin Gibbard (lead singer from Death Cab) and David Bazzen (Pedro the Lion), would this be something of interest or no? We could go either to the late show so you could nap first, or the earlier one and just crash soon after it let out. If you're not into the idea, we can crotch it and do something totally different. So, Saturday I was thinking we could do a little architectural tour, focusing primarily on Frank Lloyd Wright's home, studio, and houses around. Those are mostly in the burbs so we'll be spending some time in the car. I was thinking it would be cool to go to a show while you're here. Wicked is the ever popular choice, though I was thinking about Blueman Group. Being the tight wad that I am, I am proposing we usher and get free seats, just a thought. Sunday is the Dalai Lama which will occupy the majority of the day and will get you downtown to Millennium Park, a big attraction. We can cruise Michigan Ave and State St. after though most of the shops close up early on Sundays. Monday I will most likely be working, so I will send you via the train to museums. There's a really good exhibit at the Art Institute right now so that will be good. Then I can't remember what day you're leaving then, either Tues or Wed., either way we can keep you hopping... We have it all here in Chicago. I am a real foodie, my focus would be cheap, ethnic, hole-in-the-wall locales but I can branch out depending on your taste.
Um, isn't this going to be fun? YES.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Definitely check out the Art Institute. It's pretty phenomenal. And there's an awesome hot dog place on State Street. Don't go looking for music stores, though. I spent about 4 hours walking around the same block trying to find the entrance to this music store. I finally found it (it went sort of undergroundish) and when I got in there it had closed down. It was pretty lame. That reminds me of the song "Waterfalls" by TLC. Music stores are my waterfalls.
i sort of hate you right now, in a really loving way.
I know you didn't exactly invite me, but I figure that when you write about going to a city and seeing my favorite singer that you are basically asking me if I want to come along. So yes, I'd love to! I was about to check out travelocity tickets (I'll let you ride the bus and I'll meet you in Chicago) when I realized that I already have some plans this weekend! So maybe we can go to Chicago together sometime this summer (at the end of June when Jess is gonna be there, perhaps?).
I'm excited for you, Cate!!
Post a Comment