Friday, October 12, 2007

Hiking

Today's a holiday in Spain so my friend Ginny and I got up bright and early (8:45! :) ) to go hiking again in Cercedilla (an hour and a half train-ride above Madrid). We felt so liberated from the confines of concrete as we ate our fresh bocadillos (sandwiches) on the trail. The weather couldn't have been better. Ah! I need to get out of Madrid more often than I'm doing right now! Anyway, it was a lovely day, with lovely conversation.

On Monday I start my new job with a bilingual charter school called Artica. There are so, so many benefits to working at this school: the teachers own and run it, and care for it like it's their own baby, I'll be in ONE place for four to five hours straight instead of an hour at a time, I'll have insurance (whew), and I'll be learning a lot of Spanish, hopefully! Wednesday Seth comes!!! I'm pretty excited about being his tour-guide, and just seeing him, of course! We bought our tickets to Morocco for the second weekend he's here and we're planning a trip to Granada before he leaves (using CouchSurfing.com--this site could revolutionize my world). Goodness, I can't wait.

More soon!

3 comments:

joydriven said...

maroc!
are you going to meet up with bec and chris? she seriously is the paramount tour guide for marrakech & casablanca.

Cate Raff said...

So I hear! Yes, we are planning on staying with her a couple nights, actually--and they might come to Marrakech with us, too, which would be fabulous :). I need to look at your Morocco pics again...

Jennie said...

Cate! i saw Seth last night and we have quite the little care package that we gave for him to bring to you. :) I hope you like it. Would love to talk to you soon! Love you!