Monday, July 31, 2006

The Latest

I can't believe my summer in Yellowstone is coming to a close in less than two weeks! Working here has been a surreal experience. I think I'll look back on this summer as being pretty magical--though, I'll admit, there have been times I've wanted to pull my hair out from the stress of work. Ah--the Beartooths, geysers, and hikes made the triple shifts worth the stress!

Saturday night Julie (from Wisconsin), Jean (from France) (who's teaching me French!) and I went to the rodeo in Cody--my second time, and Jean's first-ever rodeo. Julie and I had to take Jean to Dairy Queen afterwards for a real American experience--the blizzard! Delicious :). Yesterday I worked pretty much all afternoon and evening, with a small break in between lunch and dinner--just long enough to call my friend John Barnett, who's maybe visiting my last five days here... should be pretty awesome!

People around here are starting to leave. Tonight there's a going away party for Lisa, one of the hostesses at the restaurant. And tomorrow is August first--so strange how quickly and slowly time passes.

Two days ago my friends Karin and Simeon were married. I wished I were in Sweden :). The same day my friend Jillian, who I also met in South Africa, got married in WV. Congrats to both couples!

Thanks, everyone, for your kind cards and gifts and care packages with peanut butter products, etc. I love them!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Enjoy the next two weeks! I ask only to be one of the first 50 people you visit when you get back!