Half of my senior year is GONE. Oh, it's been such a good one--especially the past couple weeks. I kind of enjoy exam week: no classes, wake up kinda late, study, do last coffees of the year with friends, Christmas parties, etc. I think I did ok on exams, and hopefully on my art portfolio (because I pulled an all-nighter last night working on it) (probably shouldn't have gone snowboarding Wednesday!). Snowboarding--such fun! I went with Matt Cody, who's pretty good, and two other people. I probably wouldn't have carved or tried jumps if Matt hadn't made me. I definitely wouldn't have tried the jumps, actually :). It's so helpful snowboarding with people who are better than you.
Actually, it's helpful doing anything with people who are better than you at whatever you're doing. I remember studying 24 hours for my Western Civ. final with my roomie Kat last year and both of us acing it :). I probably wouldn't have studied that much on my own; I might have given up and taken a "B" in the class. But Kat's an excellent student and pushed me to "meet my potential." I wish I'd learned about study buddies earlier.
It sounds so cheezy, but do you know what a difference it makes when someone "believes in you"? I guess I'm a bit of a people pleaser, but if someone assumes I can do something great, I'll work harder to try to impress them and prove them right. But, did you know something most millionaires have in common? A "B-" college average, and someone who belittled them who they wanted to prove wrong.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Cate, you'll always do great things--and greater things are yet to come.
Hey Cate! How's it going? It's been forever since I've seen you. You're blog looks great... keep it up!
~Diane A.
Post a Comment