Is very much up in the air right now--as it almost always is at the beginning of the school year. I'm signed up for three classes so far, and on the wait list for four. I'm hoping to get into most of the ones I've requested, but Tuesday's the last add day. I feel like more of a humanities major than an English major. There are SO MANY books I haven't read--I'm ashamed to name them off. And I'd often rather take history or art classes than English classes. Not that I've taken that many history classes.
So, I have a couple of post-graduation ideas: probably grad school, but waiting at least semester first (and I'm not sure what to study yet--art education, journalism? go to seminary?). I feel like I should get another degree before studying something like art! So one thought is to work at a folk school (ie: the John C. Campbell Folk School--Hannah introduced me to it) as an RA and get to take classes for free, building my art portfolio. I could do this for a year or six months. Another idea is to go to Sweden and enroll in free classes as an undergraduate. AnOTHER more random idea is to teach English in Prague with Rebekah and John for six months--not building any kind of portfolio, but just feeling out teaching as a career. Here's another thought: working on organic farms all over Europe this summer, recieving free housing at each village I work in. That'd be sweet--plus, farming is a wonderful skill to have for an aspiring missionary in a third-world country. Oh--my "main" idea is to study at L'Abri next fall. I've been reading through Hannah's journals a little bit and growing in excitement over how much she learned there. Our plan is to type up every page of her journal and make a book of the things she learned there. Oh, one more really random idea is to become a nurse :). Africa needs AIDS workers...
Hm--what do you see me doing in 15 years?
This is pretty random, but awesome: Last night my friend Amy and I made dinner and YOGURT together! It was so exciting :). We just "almost" boiled milk and powdered milk mixed together, then stirred in 1/2 cup of plain yogurt and put our concoction in her yogurt maker to incubate over night. We woke up this morning and stirred in sweetened strawberries. It was so fresh and amazing. You can also make yogurt by putting the ingredients in a warm oven for four hours. Isn't that neat? I'm SUCH a NERD!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Hey Cate,
It sounds like you have a ton of options, and your oppurtunites to learn and grow are endless. I'm starting my last semester at Northland and I'm trying to decide what to do. I have definitely spent a lot of time in prayer and left in God's hand to open and close "doors" to give me direction. It's good to hear that you are doing well. I don't know where I am going to see you in 15 years, but wherever it is, seek God's direction!
Post a Comment