Thursday, September 20, 2007

I'm a godmother!

Two of my dearest friends, John and Rebekah, just had their first baby in Prague (congratulations)! And I asked Rebekah before the baby was born if I could be the fairy godmother--so now that little Jonas is born, it's official: I'm a fairy godmother. :) Isn't that exciting?

The goings-on in Madrid: I've been here for almost two months, will be finished with my TEFL course tomorrow, have been teaching 2 sets of siblings for two weeks now, and am poor :(. No, I'm surviving. But--one thing that was kind of misleading of Canterbury: we (the students) were all under the impression that our 400 euro reimbursement for our TEFL course would be given to us upon completion of the course (or, at the beginning of the course) (PS--TEFL=Teaching English as a Foreign Language). Actually, we won't be reimbursed until our 40-hour teaching "internship" is completed, which could take up to twelve weeks after the start of the TEFL course. Hmm... a little shady. Since Canterbury also pays pretty poorly, compared to other schools, a lot of us teachers are looking into working for other companies in addition to working for Canterbury. It is nice to be able to use Canterbury's resources: printer, computers, a library full of teaching materials, etc. Plus, they host really fun events every month for teachers to meet each other, which sets it apart from other schools.

Anyway, I'm glad Biz and I decided to take the TEFL class this month instead of in August. We've met some great people: Melissa, Sarah, Sara, Robin, etc.

Muchos Besos para todo!

1 comment:

SAR said...

what a lucky kid. you're clearly the best person for the job. :) prague...