Sunday, April 23, 2006

Sleeping in the library

I don't remember the name of the book I read in third grade, but the main character in the story escaped her awful family life by living in a museum. She stood on top of toilets in restroom stalls so when security checked under the doors they wouldn't see someone was still hiding in the museum. She hid out there for several weeks. I don't remember where she slept, but I always thought it'd be exciting to evade the eyes of security and camp out in a museum.

A library was the next best thing. Last week, I guess it would have been early Wednesday morning, I finally fulfilled my dream and slept in the library. I hit the books around 2:00 am and studied with Will and Lena till around 4. I finally had to crash. So I put two cushy chairs together (they're more of a couch/chair combo) and slept in the library. It was fun! My backpack and purse were my pillow. It was one of the best sleeps I've ever experienced. It kind of stinks, but security doesn't care if people sleep in the library. I see people doing it all the time. I still felt audacious, adventurous and cool.

3 comments:

Matt said...

Regardless of what any security guard may think, you are - most assuredly - quite audacious, adventurous, and cool.

Cate Raff said...

Yes--it was definitely "From the Mixed-Up Files of Mrs. Basil E. Frankweiler." Good call. Did her little brother come and stay with her, too? Something like that. I love those elementary school books! And, thanks, Davis, for the compliment :).

Anonymous said...

hey cate!
That is soo cool! haha Which library did u sleep in?!
Oh I and love your yellowstone pictures!! I still want to go visit my brother Ben out there, but haven't gotten to. Have u looked at Alice's new pictures?!