At Legal with the BarkersFriday morning Uncle Doug picked up Aunt Colleen and me for some kayaking on the Charles River. It was perfect--early fall in Boston, the morning, the lily pads, the incredible company. Ha--a lot more relaxing than whitewater kayaking down Yankee Jim Canyon in Montana! Aunt Colleen took me on a nice long walk in some woods near their house that afternoon. That's one of the nice things about the Boston area--it's a big city, but nature is still pretty accessible. The White Mountains of Vermont are only three hours away, and the beach is close, too. Uncle John thinks that's what makes it a great city, plus the amazing academic opportunities there. There's no city like it--with Harvard, MIT, BU, BC, Tufts, Wellsley, etc. in the city or surrounding cities, goodness. Did you know the population of the city increases by 1.2 million in the fall because of all the students coming back to school? That's pretty sweet.
Beautiful Aunt Colleen and IreneFriday night I had a delightful time with Emily from Yellowstone! She's in seminary at BU. She, her twin sister Laura, Laura's boyfriend and I ate dinner at a delectable Indian restaurant then . . . had DESSERT at Mike's pastries--which, I know I'm on a dessert abstinence thing till Thanksgiving, but I considered it heavily and decided this would be an appropriate exception. Ummm... anyway! Aunt Colleen and Uncle John said it was ok, only because it's Mike's pastries. I spent the night at Emily's apartment near Bunker Hill. She and I had a great time catching up. Girl talk ROCKS!
Emily and me at Cashmere'sSaturday Aunt Tricia, Aunt Colleen and I went to get manicures and pedicures in Tricia's sporty yellow VW convertible. We then went to this adorable tea house for lunch. It was de-LIGHT-ful. I sat with the Clemson group at the game while Uncle John and Uncle Doug sat on the 9th row. John has a hookup for awesome seats from a "triple eagle"--a friend of his who went to Boston College high school, Boston College, and Boston College law school. Clemson lost to BC by one point in double overtime. It was heartbreaking :(. Especially since about a fourth of the stadium consisted of Clemson fans! I was a proud tiger. Uncle Doug and Uncle John were good winners, I guess :).
Hannah is back from her organic farm in VA! So last night we had a welcome back / going away party here (she leaves for L'Abri in a week). It was so good to see her and have her spend the night. Again, girl talk rocks!

Hannah's get-together
1 comment:
Cate, I was also looking in your blog for different ways to earn money AND I AM FRUSTRATED THAT YOU ARE JUST NOT HELPING ME OUT.
Please post some different ways to earn money.
Thank you for your time,
Drew
Post a Comment