Tuesday, September 19, 2006
Good weekend
One of my best friends Hannah left for L'Abri in Switzerland yesterday. I am going to miss that girl! But I am so excited to see how she'll have grown once she's done with the program there. Wow--the Schaeffers influenced so many different people. Right now I'm reading "Total Truth" by Nancy Pearcey, who was converted at L'Abri when Francis was still around. Edith is 92 years old now and lives at the L'Abri in Switzerland. Hannah said she still attends lectures, but she's definitely getting up there in years! I wonder if she's still as sharp as ever. So, I spent all day Saturday with Hannah. We went to Art in the Park in Greenville, hung out with her large family (yes--I love big families!), then went contra-dancing with her two little brothers. It was SUCH fun--the entire day. The previous night we went to the UNC-Clemson soccer game. Winning to UNC was pretty exciting! We're rank #2 and they're #5 in the nation. It was the second-largest attended soccer game in Clemson's history. We celebrated Amy's birthday after the game. Amy and I made the "dessert exception" of baklava for her birthday, which was delightful! Even more amazing microwaved--have you ever tried that?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
i'd like to hear how her time at l'abri goes. i'd been thinking of trying that out.
Cate, I stumbled across your blog and it was great to hear what's going on in your life!
Francis was a gift. I think we should start a Christian holiday in his memory and wear short pants and long socks. It would be a good thing.
Post a Comment