Storm Brewing over our apartments
My room
Last hoorah with AmyThe first whole week of school was so nice. It was especially wonderful catching up with Amy Etheredge, who was doing an internship all last semester. However, I miss Hannah and Biz (they're both studying abroad--Hannah's still at her organic farm in VA), and am kind of disappointed I'm not studying abroad in Prague or somewhere cool like that this semester. But I'm excited to build on relationships started last year. I'm thinking of graduating a semester late and studying abroad next fall--perhaps in some French-speaking country? French is probably the class I'm the most excited about right now. I'm also SO excited about my US history 1917-1945 class. I had Dr. Saunders for History of Civ. last fall and the man is a genius. History is so fascinating and exciting!
Amy and I decided to abstain from desserts until Thanksgiving, starting yesterday. She challenged me to do it with her last year, from the beginning of November till Thanksgiving, as a reminder of how much we have/should be thankful for. So, of course, Thursday night we had a "Cate and Amy date"--we dressed up and went to Calhoun Corners, a fancy restaurant down the road from me, and enjoyed creme brulee cheesecake and Irish cream cake with coffee. It was a delightful last hoorah :). And I'm already craving the Heath bars that grace the coffee table in the living room! This isn't going to be easy!
Today was the first football game. I didn't go because I felt sick :(. But, I am hoping to go to the Clemson v. Boston College game in Boston next weekend! I'm so excited to see my aunts and uncles and Irene again--and Emily from Yellowstone! woo-hoo!
No comments:
Post a Comment