I didn't realize how much I missed home till last weekend, hanging out with my family. (Oh--that's called homesickness! I thought I didn't get that!) I've seen the fam here and there--at church, a trip to the beach--but hadn't spent a solid weekend with them at our house for much too long. This weekend was much needed. :)
Ellen and I hung out with a couple friends till the wee hours of Saturday morning, watching a movie and later, Ellen and me talking about things only girls can talk about with each other. She's an encouraging friend. When I got home, to my delight, Mom was up doing some cleaning in our spare room downstairs. So, of course, we stayed up and chatted a good half-hour (this was... really late at night). She was surprised I was home :). It's always nice when you are a pleasant surprise for someone, and they are for you, too.
I decided to stay again Sunday night, after a lovely day at church and lunch with Ellen, Jennie and friends. I also hung out with Leah and Reagan and their friends that night. Reagan and his family were staying at Embassy Suites. The Embassy Suites hot tub was so relaxing! Ah--it brought back Yellowstone memoires--soaking in the hot springs there is something I could literally do forever. I have thought about the Boiling River many a time this year, during the most stressful periods of school.
This week was a bit stressful, actually--last week, too. That's why the weekend was so needed. Emotionally, this week was rough. Tuesday a girl at Clemson got hit by the CAT bus (Clemson Area Transit) and I saw her on my way to swing dance class, just as the ambulances were pulling up. I thought she was surely dead. I couldn't stop thinking of her all day; I definitely didn't want to dance just then. It was raining all day, too, and started thunderstorming later. I remember thinking, "Where's the sun? I know it's there--but I need it now." It's good to know the sun's there. It was a beautiful Wednesday (Valentine's Day). That girl is alive, too. She's in serious condition--she was almost paralyzed. But she's ok. She'll live.
Last night Maggie (our RUF intern) had a bunch of RUF girls over for a Valentine's party. We smashed a pinata shaped like a heart, filled with candy and feminine products! hahaha. Oh, Maggie's so creative. It was fun. My roommate Amanda had some of her friends over for dinner and strawberries dipped in chocolate--hot, delectable chocolate. It was delightful.
I've been pulling way too many late/all nighters the past few weeks. I don't have class till pretty late (11, 12, and 2!), but, I need to go to bed early and wake up early. I've always wanted to be one of those people who does that--don't know when it'll happen :).
I'm going home for Jessica's birthday this weekend! Here's what I love about home: old memories in boxes from childhood and high school, the security of not having to worry about food or money--seriously, this is a big one, staying up late with my sisters (Leah AND Jessica are home now! and Joel, of course) (and Jen and I hang out a lot, too), talking to my mommy--I LOVE my mom!, getting wise advice from Dad, having adults around. I miss that. I feel so, so secure at home. And I feel so de-stressed. My family is a particularly low-stress family, which helps matters. I love seeing my mom's Valentines sprawled across the dining room table. I know she's been going to the PO all week. I love seeing my friends at home--they are some of the best in the world. But I didn't get to see many of them last weekend because they didn't know I was coming :(. Sorry, guys. I like school, too. Everyone loves Clemson. But there's something so special, so warm, so comfortable about home. Ha--I think I want to live with my parents the rest of my life ;).
6 comments:
awww, cate! i had such a good time with you this past weekend! (as i ALWAYS do with you). i'm so glad we're friends!!! :)
xoxo
Hey Cate! I'm so glad you had an enjoyable, no-stress time at home. I love those kinds of trips. Take care and cut out those all nighters! ;)
Anytime you want to come back out for a soak in Boiling River, you've always got a place to stay in Bozeman. Sorry we haven't been in touch in a while - hope school is going well in spite of all the stress. Miss you.
- Rick
Thank you, thank you Cate! I'm going to pretend you wrote all of this just for me! I miss home too! Can't wait for SNM 07. Love you! Anna
Oh, my, Cate! That last line really got me! You DON'T want to live with your parents the rest of your life, no matter how nice it is to come home!! I know what you mean when you say "it's nice being a pleasant surprise for someone." That's why you don't live with mom and dad - so that when you drop by it's a pleasant surprise! :) I know you know this, but that last line just made me laugh!
I miss seeing you, too!! You're so great and fun! See you soon!
I agree with Jennie...I think everyone would agree...I bet J and L would especially agree! annie
Post a Comment