So, as of today I'm an "official" college graduate :)! Yay! I graduated in August instead of May because I'd originally thought about taking more classes at Clemson this semester (maybe PA school prerequisites?), but around spring break decided I wanted to be in Europe this year--graduating in May would have meant I'd be paying a steep late fee. Anyway, now I'm a true grown-up, I guess. I'm still thinking of PA school, or some kind of grad (or more undergrad) work. Family counseling, perhaps? Teaching, if I like it? History? Psychology? Art? Still just as many varied ideas as I had in high school--why haven't I narrowed it down by now? :) What do you think I should do next?
This afternoon Biz and I went to the most delightful part of Madrid we've experienced yet--a place called Retiro Park. It's a huge public park with miles and miles of walking trails, well-groomed gardens, fountains, waterfalls, statues, and woods. And a big "pond" you can take a row-boat on. We strolled around a couple hours, eating sweet popcorn and corn nuts we'd bought there, then found a grassy place to read. Biz lent me a book called "In the Name of Jesus" by Henri Nouwen. It's short and really thoughtful so far--Nouwen left a life at Harvard to become a chaplain at a home for mentally handicapped men. It's a book about Christian leadership. I think it's one I'll have to read over and over again.
Right now Biz and I are watching "Lost" and agreeing how awful it is to see it dubbed--no Southern accent on Sawyer? Kate with that voice? Mmm mmm (shaking my head).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment